Young People Who Pleased God
Today's Youth Are Unfairly Characterized. Turn on the TV or the radio and listen for a story about American youth what you will see and hear is usually negative. There are some young people who go out of their way to be rude, crude and obnoxious. But, all young people are not‚ bad, lazy or immoral.
The Bible Speaks Favorably of Youth.
- Youth is a time for great service to God (Ecclesiastes 12:1)
- Youth is the experience that provides the foundation for life (Ephesians 6:1–4).
- The most important decisions are made in our youth (Proverbs 2:10–20).
- A potential for spiritual greatness (I Timothy 4:12; 2 Timothy 2:22; 1 John 2:13).
- It is intended to be a happy and joyous time (Ecclesiastes 11:9, 10).
The Bible Presents Examples of Young People that Pleased God.
Young People Can and Have Pleased God!
- Joseph did. Example of forgiveness.
- Samuel did. Example of obedience.
- Esther did. Example of courage and wisdom.
- Ruth did. Example of commitment.
- Jesus did. Example of service.
Will You Please God?
Begin by obeying the Gospel. In doing so, seek God's guidance. The Holy Spirit is our guide.
Seeking God's direction involves a pattern:
Begin with cleansing: examine yourself. Sin shuts down the guidance process. Ask God to reveal anything in your life that is hindering you from hearing His voice? God cleanses unrighteousness when we confess our sins (1 John 1:9).
Warning - if we refuse to relinquish a rebellious habit or attitude - the Lord doesn't hear our cries.
The Lord cannot share His plans for your life until you are committed to following Him no matter what.
Aim to please God just as the Youth in the Bible. Continue by living a reverent, pure and devoted life.
Sermon Topics: Young People Who Pleased God